As per the guidelines of the Vice-Chancellor of University of Mumbai, our College Smt. Devkiba Mohansinhji College of Commerce and Science have introduced a Women’s Development Cell in the academic year 2017-18. The Women’s Development Cell (WDC) is a statutory body for the prevention/action against sexual harassment of women. It looks into the grievances/complaints of teaching, non-teaching staff and students, especially in cases of gender discrimination.
• To create awareness of sexual harassment through guest lectures
• To ensure protection of girls/women from sexual harassment studying/working in the premises
• To redress the cases of sexual harassment if any
• To enforce disciplinary framework for students
• To organize workshops, seminars and talks to convey the message of Gender Equality (Gender Sensitization Workshops)
• To organize the gender awareness through posters/slogans/essay competition/screening of films/street plays
• To organize the programs with other associations of the college such as Students council, Cultural Association, etc.
Inauguration of Women Development Cell was done by Hon’ble Chairman Sir Shri Fatehsinhji Chauhan on 22nd December; 2017.WDC organized seminar GARIMA on “Sexual Harassment at Work Place’’. The resource persons were Ms. Suman Sharma, Mrs. Nisha Parekh and Mrs. Padmaja Deshpande, faculties from Smt. Devkiba College of law.
More than two hundred students and teachers from college and school participated in the seminar. The organizers of the seminar were, Ms. Ketaki Kothari, Ms. Kajol Bramhadande and Mrs. Ratna Yadav.
WDC organised self defence, three day workshop on 2nd October 2018 for girls which is need of hour. The workshop was inaugurated by our principal sir Dr.Ambadas Jadhav and conducted by Sensi Anoop.
• Ms. Ashwina Patel
• Ms. Snehalata Narkhede
• Mr. Vijay Rajput
• Ms. Suman Sharma
• Mrs. Nisha Parekh
1. Mrs. Ratna Yadav attended Training Programme on ‘Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace’ at University Campus, Mumbai University on 13th February 2017.
2. Mrs. Ratna Yadav and Ms. Kajol Brahmadande attended workshop on ‘Empowering Self’, at Rizvi College, Mumbai on 21st August 2017.
• Workshop on awareness of cervical cancer.
• Female hygiene program.
• Workshop women Entrepreneur.